Parks & Arts Board
The Parks and Arts Board meets monthly to discuss parks, trails, art and recreation in the city, and to plan the City's season of Parks and Arts events. Sign up if you’re interested in receiving information about our events.
Public Meeting Records
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Meeting Materials are also available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
Recordings are available after the meetings.
About the Parks & Trails Board
Duties and responsibilities of the Parks, Trails, Arts and Recreation Advisory board:
- Study, develop and/or review parks, trails, cultural art and recreation policies and make recommendations on such to the City Council.
- Review proposed design, improvements, modernization, replacement and/or expansion of parks, trails, arts, and recreational facilities.
- Evaluate parks, trails, arts and recreational facilities policies on an ongoing basis with the goal of maximizing the use of city facilities to meet the changing recreational needs of the residents of the city.
- Pursue opportunities to expand cultural arts in the community including performing, visual and literary arts.
- Prepare an annual written report to the city council on activities and recommendations of the advisory board.
- Pursue opportunities to integrate the South Davis Recreation District more completely into the provision of recreational activities in North Salt Lake.
- Recommend to the city council the utilization of any and all authority granted to municipalities under local, state and federal enabling legislation which may further enable the city to implement, fund, manage, acquire properties and programs, or further effectuate the city parks, trails, arts and recreation facility plan.
- As directed by the city council, cooperate and coordinate with other governmental entities, particularly Davis County and adjacent communities, for partnerships, shared projects, programs, and any other actions that further implement the plan.
- Submit reports to the city council that may be requested that reflect ongoing needs, progress, funding opportunities, and any other information relevant to that implementation of the plan.
(as per Ord 2014-01. Establishing a Parks, Trails, Arts and Recreation Advisory Board)