The City is seeking warm and energetic volunteers to form a committee to assist with the Senior Lunch Bunch. The Senior Lunch Bunch event is held in the City Hall Council Chambers once per month on the second Wednesday for about two hours. The city will cover all the costs of the lunch.
The committee’s duties may include:
- preparing the venue: tables, chairs, and table settings;
- acquiring the hot main dish from local restaurants and setting up the buffet;
- arranging for cakes or desserts and ice;
- preparing additional side dishes and baked goods with costs fully reimbursed;
- organizing birthday recognitions with pre-assembled small gift boxes;
- securing guest entertainment or speakers;
- providing and administering the Bingo game with participant-provided prizes; and
- donating time in preparation, attendance, and clean up.
Senior residents who attend will no longer bring potluck dishes or do any work associated with the lunch. This is our City’s way to recognize and honor our wonderful seniors.
Interested in this great opportunity? Contact Wendy at 801-335-8709 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.