- Registering to Vote
Registering to Vote
Voter Registration Requirements
Persons planning to vote in a City of North Salt Lake election must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of Utah for at least 30 days immediately before the election
- At least 18 years old on the day of the election
- At least 17 years old for some primary elections if you will be 18 prior to the associated General Election
- Reside in the voting district or precinct in which the person applies to register to vote
Re-Registering to Vote
It is necessary to re-register to vote in the following instances:
- Changing your name
- Moving place of residence (even if moving within the same county, city, or voting precinct)
- Registering with a political party or changing your party affiliation
The voter registration deadline is 11 days before each election. All voter registration forms must be received by the County Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m.
- Mail-In Voter Registration Forms must be mailed so that they are received by the County Clerk no later than the registration deadline.
In-Person Registration Deadline:
- You may register to vote in person at the County Clerk's office during regular business hours up to 11 days before the day of election.
Online Voter Registration
- You may register to vote online with a valid Utah driver's license. Link to State's website to register online.
Voters who miss the Registration Deadline may vote provisionally in-person on Election Day
- Plan for some extra time at the polling location to fill out paper work, and bring with you Proof of Identify and Proof of Residency.
- Provisional ID Requirements